This is a full-time (40 hrs), Monday – Friday position with occasional weekend or evening hours. The Community Outreach Coordinator will coordinate community outreach activities by recruiting, managing, and communicating with volunteers & partner organizations. This position will communicate regularly through email, mail, social media and phone contact. Recurrent review and update of the website and design of marketing materials is also required. This position will maintain our ever growing database and be responsible for data entry and accuracy. The ability to organize a complex assortment of tasks, manage many volunteers, and coordinate with many competing schedules while keeping track of the details related to multiple events is necessary to be successful.
SPECIFICATIONS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Non-profit, marketing, and communications experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Google Drive applications (Google Docs, Sheets, etc.) & Microsoft Office for Windows applications (word, excel, outlook, etc.) required.
- Database management experience required.
- Proficiency in general office equipment operation required.
- Tech savvy. Skilled at graphic design & layout. Adobe PhotoShop and other design application experience preferred.
- Must possess exceptional time management and detail-orientation skills.
- Must possess a valid Texas driver’s license.
- Support the mission, vision and values of Shield-Bearer Counseling Centers.
- Exhibits maturity, respect for others, a team-centered attitude, effective communication skills, and confidentiality.
- Ability to read, write and converse in English.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, clients, families, donors, volunteers, vendors, support agencies, and others.
- Ability to remain calm and composed under stress.
- Ability to lift, carry, and transport materials up to 25lbs.
JOB-SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Exhibits regular and punctual attendance.
- Assists with planning, scheduling, and marketing of community engagement activities.
- Tracks, cultivates, and assists in the organization, supervision, and engagement of volunteers.
- Assists with the recognition, acknowledgements, and incentives for donors and volunteers.
- Maintains donor and volunteer database.
- Coordinates details regarding events and meetings.
- Under supervision, researches and helps execute print and digital marketing campaigns.
- Develops professional rapport with donors, potential donors, volunteers, staff, and the public.
- Exhibits strong customer service and relationship skills and exhibits calmness in crisis situations.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Establishes and maintains communication with administrative staff to accomplish related business functions.
- Effectively prioritizes and coordinates job tasks for maximum productivity.
- Generates correspondence, administrative reports and related documentation as assigned.
- Initiates/attends/participates in administrative/staff/committee meetings as assigned.
- Completes other projects as assigned.
Applications should consist of a current resume and detailed cover letter sent electronically to email@example.com.